Thursday, January 3, 2008

Brown Sugar Kitchen Photos

As I promised, here are some photos of BSK. It's not yet open, but here are some early glances to get those BBQ juices running.



Chef Brandy, whose three year-old daughter is currently learning kitchen knife skills, was prepping for a holiday catering party at Brown Sugar Kitchen. Included in some of the goodies she was preparing was a spice marinade for slow-cooked pork butt, crispy and lush cornbread, and black-eyed pea chowder.
For the record, I perfected my knife skills when I was eight weeks old, and earned my first nunchuck competition on my one and a half year birthday (we celebrate half birthdays in my family). Just seemed appropriate to mention this here.



A long view of Brown Sugar Kitchen. It a week or two the walls will be painted a light brown and a beautiful olive green.



Chef/owner Tanya Holland and I, enjoying a glass of wine. We were actually just thirsty. We never drink water when we work.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: